Wednesday, April 05, 2006

What one thing would you like us to know about you?

This is the challenge! What one thing would you like people to know about you, that makes you who you are?
The one thing I want you to know is, I am frugal and frivolous, I can't pass up a real bargain, I try never to pay full price for anything. I can be frivolous on some things that are unnecessary. I think I am this way because, I grew up in a very, very small coal mining town in West Virginia. We had no indoor plumbing until I was eight years old. We had a coal stove in the living room to heat the house. I went to a four/five room school , never had seen or heard of air conditioning, a beach or a big city. We went to town( about 20 miles away ) to buy groceries, and clothes.
When I was ten we moved to Maryland and lived about 10 miles from Washington D.C.
I think that my parents decision to move was the best thing they ever did for my sister and myself.

1 comment:

Mary Jo said...

My problem is I'm a bit frugal in my head but I spend money like I'm not. Hmmmmm... I'm quite a contradiction within. Maybe because we didn't have a lot of money growing up and that sticks with me.
Thanks for sharing, Sharon!!